Staff Mobility (Incoming)
Dokuz Eylül University is of opinion that the mobility of teaching/training staff between partners has a positive and strong effect on the internationalization of higher education institutes. Therefore Dokuz Eylül University is happy to welcome either teaching or non-teaching staff visitors, according to the rules of the Erasmus+ Program and in case there is availability in the different Department/Unit to be visited.
Prospective teaching/training staff visitors are recommended to contact with the Erasmus coordinators in the departments.
Guidelines for incoming teaching/training staff:
- A valid Erasmus inter-institutional agreement for Teaching/Training Staff Mobility between Dokuz Eylül University and the home institution of the teaching/training staff
- The teaching/training staff must apply to the Erasmus office at the home institution to take place in the program
- After this, the staff should get in touch with the departmental coordinator he/she wishes to visit. With the consult of the departmental coordinator the Teaching/Training Staff Application Form is filled out. After the signs the departmental coordinator at Dokuz Eylül University should send a copy of the agreement to the International Relations Office of Dokuz Eylül University.
- An official letter of invitation must be prepared by the hosting departmental coordinator and sent to the teaching/training staff.
- After the mobility at Dokuz Eylül University, the host department must prepare a Letter of Confirmation comprising the activities of the teaching/training staff during the mobility. A copy of the letter must be given to the visiting staff before she/he leaves Dokuz Eylül University and a copy of it must be submitted to the International Relations Office.
Dokuz Eylül University Guesthouse
The Dokuz Eylül University Guesthouse, which is located within the Dokuz Eylül University Dormitory, has 30 rooms. These rooms can be prepared for 1, 2, 3 or 4 person. Every room has a bath and toilet with 24 hours hot water. In order to provide high quality service, every room is equipped with air-conditioning, mini fridge and television. Breakfast is included in the price.
Address: Sirinkapi Mah. Yavuz Sultan Selim Cad. No:25 Buca/Izmir
Phone: 0 (232) 440 23 75
Fax: 0 (232) 442 50 33
Hotel Dokuz Eylül
Hotel Dokuz Eylül is the Konak-Kücükyali province of Izmir. The hotel has in total 44 rooms, from which 22 have a sea view.The structure of rooms were designed as 40 standard (32 single room, 8 double room) and 4 special equipped (2 suites, 1 royal suite, 1 honeymoon suite) rooms.”
The hotel has wireless internet, central air conditioning, laundry service, room service, kettle in every room, hair dryer, mini-bar, television and cable cast, phone. The hotel offers bed and breakfast.
Address : Mustafa Kemal Sahil Bulvari No:273 Kücükyali/IZMİR
Phone: +90 (232) 445 94 80-81-82
Fax: +90 (232) 483 15 16
Other Accommodation Facilities
Dokuz Eylül University is a multi-campus university. Therefore it is important to check the location with the host unit. According to the information obtained from Izmir Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism, as of the end of year 2014 there are a total of 175 hotels with tourism establishment certificate in Izmir province. More than 40% of these hotels are situated at city centre, followed by Cesme, Selcuk, Menderes district.