GUEST STUDENT STATUS
In accordance with Article 22 of the ”Regulation concerning the Fundamentals of Transfer between Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree Programmes in Higher Education Institutions, Double Major, Minor Programmes and Inter-Institutional Credit Transfer” students with guest student status can be accepted to our University by the concerned units within the following terms.
1) Credits of courses and practices taken by the student enrolled in a higher education institution at home or abroad from another higher education institution at the same level within the scope of national or international student exchange programmes or as guest student can be substituted for the liabilities of the diploma programme he/she is enrolled in with the related board decision.
2) The time spent by the student as guest student and in an exchange programme is inclusive the education period.
3) Students as guest students and in an exchange programme pay their tuition fees to the higher education institution they are enrolled in.
4) Students who will attend summer schools as guest students pay their summer school tuition fees to the higher education institution from which they take the course.
5) In order to take courses from programmes whose medium of education is a foreign language, Students studying in programmes whose medium of education is Turkish must certificate that their foreign language levels are adequate.
TERMS OF TAKING COURSES (PAID) WITH GUEST STUDENT STATUS
a) Terms of taking courses with guest student status in accordance with Article 13 of the “Regulation on Education and Examination of Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Dokuz Eylül University” are as follows:
Students who are regarded as having proficiency in taking opened courses according to the concerned legislation provisions and other students can be allowed to take courses in the guest status with the board decision of the related unit in order to enhance their knowledge in specific topics. These students have to follow the rules which are designated for the course they are enrolled in and they pay the tuition fee which will be stated by the University Administrative Board. These students can’t benefit from the student rights. They don’t receive a diploma, however, they are given a document showing their state by the concerned unit.
b) Terms of taking courses in our university with guest student status in accordance with Article 11 of the “Regulation on Postgraduate Education and Training in Dokuz Eylül University” are as follows:
1) A person who has a Bachelor’s Degree and wants to enhance his/her knowledge about specific topics can be accepted as a guest student in some postgraduate courses with the administrative board decision of the institute on the positive opinion of the head of department of the institute.
2) Applicants who want to take courses with the guest student status have to apply to the directorate with a transcript of records (Bachelor) and a copy of their diploma attached to a petition in the start of semester when the courses begin and within the time of course registration.
3) In order to be accepted to postgraduate courses given in a foreign language, guest student applicants have to achieve the foreign language proficiency exam in the education language which is arranged by the School of Foreign Language of the University or have to become an equal score to this score from an exam accepted by the Interuniversity Board.
4) Applicants who were approved of taking some courses with the guest student status by the administrative board of the institute have to pay the hour fee of courses stated by the Administrative Board of the University and submit the documents required in order to register for the concerned course/courses.
5) Guest students can’t benefit from the rights from which the students of the University can.
6) Guest students don’t receive any diploma and titles. However, they are given a document showing the taken courses and their grades.
7) In the event of leaving the courses for which guest students were registered, fees which were paid for these courses are not refunded.
8) Provisions of this regulation and other legislation are applied to guest students in course attendance, exam, evaluation of success, discipline and other issues.
9) Students enrolled in postgraduate education as guest students, can at most take 50% of the total credit number of the courses taken in postgraduate education as guest students.