We promote all the departments to sign interinstitutional agreements, and to use the existing agreements efficiently wtihin the framework of Mevlana Exchange Programme. Before making an agreement (called as “Mevlana Exchange Programme Protocol”), it sould be considered that the agreement adds value to DEU, students and staff. The matching of courses, credits, language of instruction at signatory universities and other related academic matters should be analysed well before the signing process.
Within the context of Mevlana Exchange Programme, it is possible to sign agreements with the institutions of all countries in the world, except for EU Programme Contries (EU member-states and Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Macedonia). Prior to preparation and signing stages of the agreement, the response of YOK (Council of Higher Education – Turkey) on the recognition status of the university abroad should be waited.
The process for making an agreement is as follows:
- Finding a partner institution and informing the International Office about the official name of the related institution for questioning its recognition status. (Departments)
- Sending YOK the form for inquiry on the recognition status of the institution abroad. (International Office)
- In case of a positive response from YOK about recognition, agreeing with the partner institution on the subjects such as number of students/staff to be exchanged, language of instruction, study cycle etc, and filling this information on the “Mevlana Exchange Programme Protocol” (Departments)
- Filling other information (contact details, grading system, accomodation etc.) on an ANNEX to the “Mevlana Exchange Protocol” (Departments)
- Signing of the agreement by the authorities of the institutions. (International Office)
The template for “Mevlana Exchange Programme Protocol”, the Table for Mevlana Field Codes and acknowledgment about the content of “ANNEX” to the Mevlana Exchange Programme Protocol can be found under “Mevlana Agreements-Agreement Forms” tab on our website.
For further details, please also the related documents under “Presentations” tab on our website.
(The Presentations are in Turkish)
MEVLANA INTERINSTITUTIONAL AGREEMENTS (05/03/2020)
MEVLANA INTERINSTITUTIONAL AGREEMENTS (06/02/2019)